Merchant and MIlls - 8oz Organic Twill -Appolina-$44.00/metre
This organic cotton has a fine twill with a soft sanded finish on one side.
It would be ideal for trousers, dungarees and dresses that require some structure ie not a gathered waist, as well as lighter weight jackets and bag linings. It has a utility look and feel to it.
- 100% organic cotton.
- Brick red.
- 150cm wide.
- Due to the nature of the organic cotton yarn which is less refined and processed, there may be the odd white speck in this cloth.
- Machine wash at 30, do not bleach.
- Iron on a medium heat.
- Do not tumble dry.
- This cloth is Oeko-Tex certified.
This fabric is suitable for the following patterns in the Workbook: Haremere and Strides.
We recommend pre washing your fabric before sewing. Putting a large piece of medium-heavy weight canvas into the washing machine can sometimes lead to white creases in the fabric, this is because it is a stiff fabric so it doesn’t have room to move around. We recommend doing the following to help this not to happen:
- Wash your fabric on its own for the first wash.
- Sink your fabric in water before hand, letting it fully absorb, so you are putting in the canvas already wet.
- If you can break up your fabric into half this will help.
- For the first wash use a delicate 30 degree cycle with a low spin.
- If any white creases develop, ironing on a medium heat whilst still damp will help.
- Can be tumble dried on a low heat.
Pre-wash the fabric before cutting or sewing or project.
Fabrics are sold per 25cm, one piece is therefore 25cm. If, for example, you want to order 1m, than you have to order 4 pieces.
Please note: While we have tried to represent the colours of our fabric as accurately as possible - each computer monitor may show the colours differently, therefore we cannot guarantee colour representation. You may prefer to order a sample first.